The "On Equal Footing" youth development academy is designed to help high school students meet and prepare for the challenges of adulthood while achieving their full potential. Through a series of activities and experiences, the program will work to help develop Jurupa Valley youth socially, academically, emotionally, and cognitively.
Participants will be exposed to numerous activities in classroom and real life settings structured around meeting the project objectives. The eight week program will be open to high school students that meet the minimum qualification standards. Participants and their parents are asked to sign a "contract" committing them to attending and completing the entire program.
The program will include the following:
Eight scheduled sessions to include knowledge enhancement on the following:
* Completing a college application
* Completing a scholarship application and writing an effective essay
* Resume writing and interviewing techniques
* Preparing for SAT/ACT exams
* Choosing the right college
* Developing an entrepreneur's spirit
* Life Skills - building credit, balancing a checkbook, and figuring out how to get by everyday
* Developing social behaviors for any occasion - Etiquette 101
Participants will also be paired with strong mentors from the extended community to enhance their experience. The program will finish with an Etiquette Banquet and graduation where participants will receive a program graduation certificate.
APPLY TODAY BY CLICKING HERE
Orientation August 16th at Rubidoux High School.